Apple Taste Test, Grades 1–6
- Using at least three different types of apples, label each type Apple A, B, or
- Have your students close their eyes as they taste the apples, using describing words that you or a partner can write down. Challenge your students to get creative with their describing words
- Have students select a favorite apple (you can keep track of this and create a tally or chart for fun, or for a mini-lesson on percentages/fractions).
- Download this free “An Apple a Day” activity. This template directs students to taste apples, write down describing words, and create their own apple poem using their experience!
From My Farm to Your House: Art and Cooking Activities, Grades PreK–1
Apple Shape Book, Grades K–2
Johnny Appleseed and Apple Math, Grades 1–2
A is for Apple, Grades 2–6
The Science of Delicious
- Apples! (You’ll only need one, since you’ll be cutting it up for this experiment…but don’t cut it up yet!)
- Six bowls (They’ll need to be large enough that your apple slice will fit and be totally covered by the solution.)
- Paper (to label which bowl has which solution)
- And finally…the solutions themselves!
About the Author
has experience working with children as a youth soccer coach and summer camp counselor. She is currently studying English Literature and journalism in college. She enjoys exploring educational topics that help students have fun while learning..