- Teach your children about adjectives and how to use a thesaurus. There are so many great describing words other than “good.
- Create a graph to show everyone’s favorite apple. If you are a homeschooler, then ask your family and friends which type of apple is their favorite to collect your data. You can make a graph of the responses.
- Research where each type of apple is grown and why that climate is best for that type of apple.
- Write a poem using all of the wonderful adjectives your children used to describe the apples.
- Measure the circumference of each apple and compare.
- Use the apples to teach about fractions. Cut them (carefully, please) to show 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8.
- Read books about apples to learn about their growing season, life cycle, and tree care.
Now it is your turn. What is your favorite way to use apples to learn new skills? Please share your ideas in the comments section.
About the Author
is a certified teacher with 11 years of elementary classroom experience who is actively homeschooling her own children. Her mission is share the best teaching methods and resources with all homeschoolers. Amy supports parents through her podcasts, webinars, and online training for homeschoolers on her website http://www.thrivehomeschooling.com.