Genius ideas that make these last days manageable and fun.
These last days of school can be difficult, but we know you’ll hang in there. To help, we collected great tips and teacher hacks to make your classroom cleaner, your students happier, and your summer a little closer. These end-of-year teacher hacks will give you more time to enjoy all those great little classroom moments that you love about teaching.
1. Because it’s time to get them ready to move on.
How cute are these “First Grader in Training” badges?
2. Because it’s simple and to the point.
Sometimes direct is the best way to go.
3. Because there’s always time for an anchor chart.
Get your students to share their best memories of the year for all to see.
4. Because it’s a simple way to show them you care.
It will mean a lot to them.
5. Because we all need this reminder sometimes.
Leave yourself little notes (or treats) to get you through!
6. Because this is one way to keep kids engaged until the very end.
Why yes, that is a school with slides installed over the stairs.
7. Because you might need this.
It really never hurts to have some extra immunity on your side.
8. Because they will love the mystery!
Simple envelopes are a genius way to keep students engaged.
9. Because they deserve a reminder of how far they’ve come.
Show them a few things from the start of the year and help them be proud!
10. Because it gives students something to look forward to each day.
It’s better than a countdown!
11. Because you don’t want to forget to capture those memories.
Their parents will thank you for this, too.
12. Because little victories throughout the day can lead to a prize.
We love all the little goals to give students to accomplish.
13. Because Post-its are so simple, yet so genius.
You can also encourage your students to make their own countdown with Post-its.
14. Because some days are too hot when you don’t have an AC.
This teacher knows how to keep her students cool!
15. Because this is a great way to capture memories.
This was for Mother’s Day, but it’s a great idea for capturing favorite lessons, subjects, and school moments.
16. Because this is going to come in handy!
If you gave this to your teacher BFF, they’d love you forever.
17. Because you might be looking for that cap one day.
This teacher saves all lost lids and caps so they can find their match again one day!
18. Because a hydration station is genius!
Yes, this idea is definitely worth .
19. Because you can’t take the arguing any longer.
You might as well just label them after all.
20. Because the learning is NOT over!
Put the power in their hands!
21. Because sometimes you just need to take it outside.
When you have a gorgeous day, you have to take advantage of it!
22. Because it’s a great way to keep track of classroom jobs.
You can get these name tags at the dollar store!
23. Because they should know by now.
A little reminder never hurts, though!
24. Because you wish you would’ve thought of this about seven months ago.
“Go check the No Name board,” you’ll say.
25. Because these memories are worth capturing.
It can be a lot of work to do projects like these, but they’re definitely worth it.
26. Because you never have the time to bake anyway.
Cookie sheets make great learning tools!
27. Because you’d rather be at the beach.
This hack is all about treating yourself to make it through these last days!
28. Because everyone’s excited for summer.
They will love watching you pop a balloon each day!
29. Because math … yeah, math.
It’s actually your trick to get them to clean the tables after, but they don’t have to know that!
30. Because you can leave them with this.
What a great way gift you can give them, and it’s something they can refer to all summer!
31. Because this makes our hearts melt.
Send one home with them to use over the summer, too.
32. Because it might help you keep your sanity, which is wearing thin.
“I want the desks to stay where they are!”
33. Because it’ll add color to your learning.
Those sight words just got more fun to practice!
34. Because we have to conserve when it’s the end of the year.
This will help make your supplies last!
35. Because it’s better than “One, two, three eyes on me.”
Every teacher should have one of these!
36. Because everything needs a recharge.
Assign the classroom job of checking these daily to one of your students.
37. Because it keeps it all in one spot!
Those puff balls are another good dollar store buy!
38. Because end-of-year encouragement is so valuable.
Get students to encourage each other, too.
39. Because all teachers need more of this.
Give yourself a recharge as often as possible, even when you have a pile of stuff on your to-do list.
About the Author
Stacy Tornio is a freelance writer with a focus on education. She's an author of nearly 20 books, including many educational family titles. Nearly everyone in her family is a teacher. So she decided to be rebellious and write about teachers instead.
39 Teacher Hacks To Make the End of the School Year Easier